Give your child confidence in English class!
Imagine you’re back in school sitting in English class, and everyone seems to understand what is going on — except for you. It’s a beautiful day in the Fraser Valley area, and both students and teachers are glancing out the window.
Their minds are wandering. Some students will go back to their parents in Abbotsford. The teacher assistants might need to pick up their kids in Langley, Chilliwack and Mission.
Everyone wants to get out. So the lesson is moving at a very fast pace. And you can’t keep up.
It’s a situation almost everyone in school finds themselves in at one point or another.
And if your child feels this way during English class, we’re here to help.
Sometimes you can’t learn everything in a classroom. That’s why you may want to hire an English tutor in the Fraser Valley.
We look at the problems your children are facing in the English curriculumand develop methods to apply during one-on-one tutoring in the Fraser Valley from the ground-up to fix outstanding problems.
English language is the most universal language in history, way more than the Latin of Julius Caesar. It’s the most punderful language because its vocabulary has a certain critical mass that makes a lingo good for punning.
—Richard Lederer, Author of multiple books on the English language
How in-home tutoring makes English accessible to students
Here are some of the (many) methods our tutors may employ to make English come alive for your kids. We hope this information can help you decide if you want to hire an English tutor in the Fraser Valley.
- Comprehension drills: We get your children to read school material, such as assigned novels. Then we ask questions to examine their understanding of the material. Do they stumble on big words? Do they have trouble breaking up sentences? We find out and tackle those problems!
- Grammar and syntax assignments: We assign writing and spoken word drills that help them recognize if there’s something ‘funny’ with what’s being said or written.
- Composition exercises: We want your children to clearly express themselves in the written and spoken word. We get your kids to write essays, stories and poems.
3 Reasons why English is an essential school — and life — skill
- Being good at English gives your kids credibility at school, work and home. People — not to mention teachers and employers — usually look more favourably upon people who write and speak well. This could translate into higher pay, better grades and steady employment.
- English will help your children’s social lives. A better command of English can often make your children more lively and interesting people. If your children are comfortable with the English language, they’ll be better storytellers, teachers and conversationalists.
- English will make your children more confident! You don’t have to look very far to find stories of people banishing their shyness and timidity by embracing their interest in writing or public speaking. Dale Carnegie, the beloved self-help guru, speaks about this frequently in his books. Even rapper Eminem has talked about how reading the dictionary helped him compose songs that gave him a great sense of confidence!
So does your child need an English tutor?
Pay attention to the needs of your children. Is the English curriculum giving them trouble? Are they shy and in need of a little bit of confidence? If so, you might want to hire an English tutoring the Fraser Valley with School is Easy Tutoring. It could help them get far in school and in life!