Teach your kids science! Bring out the Einstein in your child!
Sometimes hiring a science tutor in the Fraser Valley can be a good idea. For example, let’s say you’re trying to figure out an important physics equation. Or maybe it’s a chemistry problem. You try and solve it, but it feels like you’re looking at hieroglyphics.
You raise your hand, but the teacher’s busy. He’s attending to two other people who put up their hand just before you.
The bell rings and class is over. You still don’t understand how to do the lesson.
What do you do?
That’s where a science tutor can help! And yes, we offer science tutors in Abbotsford, Chilliwack, Mission, Langley and all other Fraser Valley neighbourhoods.
To raise new questions, new possibilities, to regard old problems from a new angle, requires creative imagination and marks real advance in science.”
— Albert Einstein
A science tutor in the Fraser Valley will use tried-and-true teaching methods that can make your child capable in class!
School Is Easy Tutoring uses a personalized learning approach to turn your child’s weaknesses in science class into strengths. Here are some examples of the kinds of science teaching techniques we may utilize:
- Formulaic learning: Formulas are critical to solving problems during physics and chemistry tutoring sessions. We drill essential formulas into students until they become second nature.
- Theoretical comprehension: We get children to master the concepts behind every scientific formula. This knowledge will give them the ability to tweak scientific formulas as necessary to adapt to increasingly difficult problems.
- Scientific method: This is the foundation of critical thinking. And not only in the sciences, but with life in general. These principles allow children to evaluate data, gather usable evidence and even conduct their own studies. It is our hope as a Fraser Valley tutoring company, that every student can become a contributor to the scientific field of their choosing. Or at least, get better at making smart life choices based on their understanding of science.
3 Ways scientific skills transfer to life and career skills
- Scientific method makes you a better decision maker. In all facets of life, we are required to look at evidence and make reasoned decisions. This applies to buying a house, choosing a university or running a government. Scientific method allows us to figure out what information is usable and worth listening to.
- Science develops technical skills. Practitioners of a scientific discipline learn how to use technology. For example, working in a research field will force you to learn computer skills for data entry and conducting experiments. Technical skills are essential whether or not you choose to remain in a science-related career. Nearly every industry requires a working knowledge of technology nowadays.
- Science develops numeracy abilities required for advanced career paths. Students who take an interest in science often become comfortable with numbers. From calculating the arc of a football to figuring out how many atoms are in a molecule, students of science become at home with equations. This is a huge asset in an increasingly technical world. It can set them up for careers in engineering, medicine, information technology and many other things.
Is a science tutor in the Fraser Valley right for you?
Pay attention to the interests of your children. Do they have inquisitive minds? Do they notice small details about the world around them? If so, hiring a science tutor in the Fraser Valley from School Is Easy Tutoring may be the right choice if you live in Abbotsford, Chilliwack, Mission or Langley!