Become competent in reading, writing, and more with the help of a private English tutor!
Your child’s struggles with English class or language arts can be overcome. Our tutoring company provides proficient at-home English tutors in Victoria, Nanaimo, Courtenay, Duncan, Campbell River, Parksville, Port Alberni, plus other cities on the North and South of Vancouver Island.
We get that writing doesn’t necessarily come naturally to everyone. Sentence structure, grammar, spelling, syntax, descriptive creative writing, persuasive writing, research essay writing etc.– it can be a lot of bases to cover for a child struggling in English class.
And then there is reading. Sure, your child likely started off with cute reading programs in early grade school… but without keeping up with consistent reading, it can prompt a lack of comprehension skills that will only hinder your child’s education potential.
Give your child a chance to work on their reading and writing skills–and the many other facets of English class–by using one of our private tutors on Vancouver Island!
What can our Vancouver Island English tutors improve with your child?
Everyone learns at a different pace. A teacher’s job is to ensure topics are being communicated to, and completed by, all kids in a classroom. But they can’t often provide additional attention to those falling behind. When you have a grade school English tutor working closely with your child, they will thoroughly evaluate skill level and devise a plan of action to keep them on track.
English class covers a lot of ground when it comes to studying the language and its usage in many contexts. Poetry, novels, essay writing, sentence structure, paragraph writing, spelling, grammar rules and so on; these skills all contribute to a fuller understanding of how we can communicate and articulate our thoughts so others will understand them. And ask any person learning English as a second language; they will give you examples of why it doesn’t make sense! It’s a complex germanic language derived from historical context and mingled with words from even more languages.
And so, knowing this, our English tutors on Vancouver Island are fully trained to work with your child on just some of the following study methods:
- Essay strategies: Working on proper formatting, organizing thoughts, having a convincing argument and thesis, and putting it all to work with practice topics.
- Reading Comprehension: Utilizing practice texts with follow up questions to provoke thought and analysis for what they have just read should make a child feel more confident and less overwhelmed when reading books, articles, essays, etc., and instead, they’ll be able to extract accurate meaning.
- Spelling and Grammar: Syntax exercises, advanced spelling tests, comparing sentences to see what makes it correct or not– all things that will make your child a competent writer.
- Writing Practice: Our English tutors will delve into an array of writing styles (poetry, short stories, long form, etc.) and make sure your child is practising each style while understanding the similarities, and differences, between their structures.
- Presentation skills: Book reports, group projects, public speaking; all elements that could leave your child feeling intimidated alongside peers. With a Vancouver Island English tutor, your child will be given an opportunity to practice speaking and critique in a private setting. They can be free to make mistakes and improve without being under the harsh glare of peers (whether perceived or not!).
Watch an English-savvy child succeed in other areas of their life!
A child who is competent in written and spoken communication is a child that will hone credibility in their future career. Employers often look for candidates that are strong communicators, confident writers and good with grammar and word selection (yes, proper grammar is an extremely important component of the professional world to be taken seriously). That is why you’ll see under many, if not most job qualifications, that strong communication skills (written and oral) are a must!
Besides their future professional career, mastering skills from English class promote confidence in a child’s personal endeavours. They will be able to communicate effectively in personal relationships, improve their social skills, and have an underlying thread of confidence to make decisions in their best interest. All of these benefits can stem from having an in-home English tutor guiding and working with your child!
Book a professional English tutor on Vancouver Island today!
Get in touch with us if you are a parent in Victoria, Nanaimo, Duncan, Courtenay, Comox, and elsewhere on Vancouver Island, and are feeling like YOUR child could benefit from an at-home English tutor. You can book one online, or give us a call, and we’ll make sure your child starts working with someone who will excel their success in English class!