If the French language is a challenge to your child studying in French Immersion or French as a Second Language (FSL), it doesn’t mean they need to switch out of their program; our tutors are qualified to help them overcome their struggles. If they are in French First Language studies, and need a boost in any subject with French-language tutors, we can also help.
Our tutoring company is happy to provide you with a French tutor in Edmonton or Red Deer. We also do French tutoring online for all of Northern Alberta.
And of course, for immigrants or adult job-seekers looking to improve their professional French skills, we offer test preparation services in the language.
Take advantage of our superior French teaching candidates, in the comfort of your own home
Yes! School Is Easy Tutoring Edmonton sends tutors to your home, saving you the commute time. This format may also prove more comfortable for your child, as they become acquainted with their own study space for better concentration. And, best yet, these at-home tutors are more than just good at speaking French.
You can be assured our tutors are qualified to teach French, with professional certifications or experience such as:
- A Certificat en Enseignement du Français Langue Etrangère (CEFLE).
- A Diploma in Advanced French Language Studies (DALF) (used for European standards).
- A B.Ed in a Francophone-based program.
- 2 years experience teaching French, or demonstrated ability to teach FSL/FLE students via post-secondary coursework or specializations.
- Membership with the Canadian Association of Second Language Teachers (CASLT).
- Membership with the Alberta Teacher’s Association (ATA).
- Clear criminal record.
Enjoy your rights to a multilingual education in Canada, without the added difficulty of comprehension
Sometimes, it’s a scary thought that your child might fall behind in school because of language comprehension issues. However, given that Canada’s official languages are both English and French, it makes sense to take advantage of the availability of French-language education. Bilingualism has known benefits to a person’s career and brain development.
So how do you get the best of both worlds? How can your child in French Immersion, French as a Second Language or French First Language learn their subjects in school, while also being proficient in two languages?
Well, for starters, you may want to read up on these subjects we’ve written about before:
- 4 tips on how to raise bilingual kids
- The pros and cons of French Immersion programs and how French Immersion tutoring can help
Note: for those in an Alberta-based French First Language program, you may be interested in our Edmonton & Red Deer ESL tutoring or English language arts tutoring, to hone your child’s English skills.
This is where a private French tutor comes in, to turn things around for struggling students. The benefits of one-on-one or small-group tutoring can hold benefits such as:
- Finding out where the core strengths and weaknesses are with a single student, and then focusing on improving the latter.
- Coming up with a customized teaching plan, with defined goals and progress reports to improve the likelihood that French tutoring will show demonstrated improvements.
- Being able to teach based on interests, to keep a pupil engaged, rather than being concerned about mass-scale projects for evaluating classrooms based on preset standards.
- Adapting to different learning styles, so the material can be absorbed by the student in a way that suits them best.
While individualized tutoring is an approach we believe in, it doesn’t mean that your child won’t meet the standards for passing their courses. To the opposite, our Edmonton and Red Deer French tutors are versed in the Alberta education curriculum requirements for Francophone (Francisation) education, or other French-language programs. This means they can tutor early French, as well as intermediate French. The government of Alberta categorizes these Francophone pedagogy programs as:
- Francisation (Francophone Education)
- French as a Second Language (4–6)
- French as a Second Language (7–9)
- French as a Second Language (10–12) (including French 10-9Y, French 20-9Y, French 30-9Y, French 31a, French 31b, French 31c, plus all multi-year programs, etc.)
And yes, we tutor in all of the above!
Pass with confidence! We offer test preparation help for common French language proficiency exams
It also goes without saying that our tutors can help you when preparing for a French proficiency exam, whether for school or business. Some examples of these exams we can help with include:
- DILF (Diplôme initial de langue française)
- DELF (diplôme d’études en langue française) & DALF (diplôme approfondi de langue française) (including their sub-programs)
- TCF (Test de Connaissance du Français), and particularly that for Quebec immigration standards
- TEF (The French Evaluation Test for Canada), i.e. TEF Canada
- DCL (Diplôme de Compétence en Langue (Language Proficiency Diploma)
- TFI™ Test (for business and academic purposes)
Plus post-secondary, specifically-designed tests such as:
- French Placement Test at the University of Alberta
- Placement tests for courses at the University of Calgary (should you wish the extra help)
- French as a Second Language (FSL) Certificate of Achievement (at Grande Prairie Regional College)
- PTWF (Placement Test of Written French) (at McGill School of Continuing Studies, in Quebec)
An Edmonton or Red Deer French tutor is ready to help you with your language skills!
Call us today, or book online to find a French tutor in Edmonton or Red Deer. Our company offers a 1st lesson money-back guarantee, to ensure there is no risk to you (but we think you’ll love us!)