School Is Easy Tutoring offers tutoring services in Edmonton, Red Deer and all of Northern Alberta. We tutor in all subjects from K-12 and some university courses. Our tutoring company vets Alberta teachers with a passion for tutoring. We work with certified teachers with a background in teaching the Alberta school curriculum. Each comes with their own set of specialties for teaching. Some can tutor more than one subject.
We are able to send a tutor match to your home for the following subjects:
Special education tutoring
Tutoring for Autism & ADHD students, plus other neurodiverse conditions).
Alberta-based English courses we tutor include:
- English Language Arts (K-6)
- English Language Arts (7-9)
- English Language Arts (10-12) – This includes English Language Arts 10-1, 10-2, 20-1, 20-2, 30-1, 30-2, Knowledge and Employability ELA courses (10-4, 20-4, 30-4) and courses in specialty programs requiring communication and interpersonal skills training.
We also can provide English tutors for
- Alberta-approved locally developed courses (LDCs) of any kind
- Advanced Placement courses
- International Baccalaureate programs
Alberta-based math courses, including:
- Mathematics (K–6)
- Mathematics (7–9)
- Mathematics 10–12 (including Mathematics 10C, Mathematics 10-3, Mathematics 10-4 and 20-4 for Knowledge and Employability, Mathematics 20-1, Mathematics 20-2, Mathematics 20-3, Mathematics 30-1, Mathematics 30-2, Mathematics 30-3, Mathematics 31)
- Trade Mathematics, Math Concepts and other Apprenticeship-related math subjects
Alberta-based science curriculum courses, including:
- Science K–6
- Science 7–9
- Science 10-12 (including Biology 20, Chemistry 20, Physics 20, Science 20, Science 24, Biology 30, Chemistry 30, Physics 30, Science 30, Science 10-4, Science 20-4)
- Knowledge and Employability courses involving sciences such as Natural Resources 10-4, Agriculture 20-4 & 30-4, Forestry 20-4 & 30-4, Oil and Gas 20-4 & 30-4, Forestry-related courses, Healthcare related courses etc.
- Computer science courses including Computing Science courses, Networking courses, etc.
We help with various ESL tests and public school system ESL classes. Our
ESL tutors must have the following qualifications:
- They must be an Alberta certified public school teacher with ESL as one of their teachables.
- Or they must have a four year University degree, TESL certification and 2 years of successful ESL teaching experience.
Our French-language tutors help with French Immersion, FSL courses and Francophone programs such as:
- Francisation (Francophone Education)
- French as a Second Language (4–6)
- French as a Second Language (7–9)
- French as a Second Language (10–12) (including French 10-9Y, French 20-9Y, French 30-9Y, French 31a, French 31b, French 31c, etc.)
With an Edmonton tutor from School Is Easy, you can expect the following as our standard of service:
- No-cost sign-up, with pay-as-you-go tutoring that doesn’t involve a long-term program commitment.
- Monthly progress reports so you can keep track of where your student started, and where they are now, making sure you’re working with the right tutor for you.
- At-home tutoring in the Edmonton and Red Deer areas, or at a place you choose, like a library, for instance.
- Tutoring into extended hours. Our tutors start early in the day and will work until 10 p.m. They are also available on weekends, and during the summer.
- Replacement of a tutor in case your regular tutor is sick, there’s a scheduling conflict, or for some other reason.
- Custom tutoring tailored to the needs of the pupil. Our tutors aren’t restricted to a tutoring program or teaching method. They can use their on-the-go judgement to help your child where they need it most.
- Available support. We operate locally, and you can call in to our office when you need us for rescheduling, to voice concerns, to add tutoring hours, or for any other question.
- A satisfaction guarantee on your 1st lesson with School Is Easy Tutoring. We’ll give you your money back if you’re not happy with the quality of the tutor we send you, or we’ll send you another one.
- A free, “Student Success Guide” with each registration for elementary, high school and college students. This Success Guide assists students with study skills, tracking assignments, exam dates and time management.
Contact us today to discuss your needs. We can help. 1-877-ITS EASY
Our tutoring company covers the services you need, in the way in which you need them
Our Edmonton tutors are qualified to do more than teach in a one-on-one tutoring session at your home. When you need educational help, we’re only a phone call away from providing you with the following variations to traditional tutoring:
As a parent homeschooling your child, you may feel you’re not always the person to teach a certain topic. Or perhaps you need to offload some of the teaching, to make time for other things in your life. Whatever the case, our Edmonton homeschooling tutors are the perfect fit-in to your existing lesson plans. They also know the Alberta curriculum well, which means they can ensure your kids are on track for graduation, when the time comes.
We offer online tutors for Northern Alberta residents. Or, if you’re in the Edmonton or Red Deer area, we’re happy to set up online tutoring if that fits you better than in-person tutoring. To accomplish the tutoring sessions through the web, we use common technologies like Skype, which you may already have access to. Or, we plan for other software which allows us to talk by video and share our screen for remote lessons.
Tutoring services for anyone, in any school subject, ‘just because’:
Sometimes, you just want to learn for the sake of picking up a new skill, or preparing for an upcoming educational environment. We also help students who have a specific purpose such as trying to pass an official test or earn a certificate. You may feel you’d do better by learning with a one-on-one instructor. Tutors are great for this job, since they can create custom lesson plans based on your desired focus. You can use this tutoring service for getting a head start on a course, learning a new language, or building a skillset for your career. Or, ‘just because’!
Yes, you can get group tutoring in Edmonton with our tutoring service. Parents can pool together siblings, class peers, or neighbourhood homeschoolers for teaching a common subject. The students can help each other, and the economics of the arrangement could make more sense for the parents. Ask us for details, and we’ll find the right tutor to match to your group.