Make your kids feel at home in class!
So you’re in class and you’re eager to learn. But the problem is that the teachers don’t quite understand how to make the lesson understandable to you. You happen to have autism. The teachers are well-meaning, but unfortunately they may not specialize in autism and special education tutoring. The school team has probably created an Individual Education Plan (IEP) and your child may or may not have a ‘one on one’ to assist in class.
The at home support can compliment and assist the school resource team by helping your child understand the classroom curriculum outside of school in the quiet comfort of your home. We work closely with the Autism Funding Unit and can assist you with your paperwork in order to access the government autism funding that is available to you.
Classroom teachers usually have 25-30 other children in the class to attend to and cannot take the time to use special strategies needed for autistic or special needs students. School life can get really tough for autistic children. It’s parents in situations like this who often benefit from getting a special education and autism tutor in the Fraser Valley. These tutors can customize lessons to make classes accessible to people with special needs like autism.
School is Easy Tutoring has services spread throughout the Fraser Valley in places like Chilliwack, Abbotsford, Mission and Langley. We can send a tutor to help your child!
Our special education and autism tutors personalize lessons for your children. This will help them grasp in-school lessons which sometimes aren’t prepared with their needs in mind.
As a mom, you worry about protecting your kid. But there are extra added layers of fears when you’re talking about a kid with autism or who has some special needs issue.
— Holly Robinson Peete
Our special education and autism tutors in the Fraser Valley are trained in the most effective teaching methods
School is Easy Tutoring ensures its tutors are up-to-date with the latest and most effective teaching techniques for children with learning challenges:
- Adaptive instruction: We examine what challenges your child has and adapt our teaching styles to suit their needs. For example, some children have auditory issues, so we present visual and written instructions instead of verbal directions.
- Immediate feedback: Children with learning challenges often need immediate feedback. This has been found to be most effective when trying to teach a new lesson. Holding back on praise or corrections often confuses students and causes them to form unclear associations between their actions and consequences.
- Step-by-step instruction: Children with learning challenges can flourish provided that tasks many of us take for granted are broken down into smaller steps. Sometimes children with learning challenges get easily overwhelmed. But breaking down a lesson into micro-steps can prevent that from happening.
3 Reasons why special needs and autism tutoring can help your child flourish
- Special needs and autism tutors ‘translate’ lessons. Many kids with learning challenges can be capable contributing members to society. But they just need someone who can make the vast torrents of information thrown at them manageable. Our tutors can do this.
- Our tutors can help make your children more independent. Because our tutors are well versed in the latest research regarding special education and autism tutoring, they can teach students learning strategies that will help them develop independence. This will also boost confidence and self-esteem.
- Special needs tutoring prevents isolation. One of the biggest challenges special needs and autism students face is the feeling of isolation. Our tutors are capable of delivering social skills training that can assist your kids in interacting with other people.
Should you hire a special needs and autism tutor in the Fraser Valley?
If you feel like your children are not getting the attention they need to thrive in the school system, perhaps they need a little extra help. A special needs and autism tutor in the Fraser Valley from School is Easy Tutoring might just be able to do that!