Watch your child become confident in speaking and writing English
It can be overwhelming for an immigrant family to arrive in the Victoria or Vancouver Island areas. Besides arranging housing, jobs, cars, insurance, healthcare, etc, there’s also the task of fitting into the school system. A child being able to communicate in school can be the difference between them feeling part of the community or feeling isolated.
When a child starts learning English with an ESL tutor, they can start being part of the school’s community by interacting and socializing with their peers. There is absolutely no shame in having an ESL tutor in Victoria, Duncan, Courtenay, Nanaimo or other Vancouver Island areas. Help your child ensure they have the chance to succeed in school!
Get an ESL tutor that is TESL certified in Victoria, Duncan, Nanaimo, Courtenay and other cities
School is Easy ESL tutors all have international or government certifications to teach ESL to your child. We offer the following types of at-home ESL instruction:
From a certified school teacher
These are members of the BC Teachers Regulation Branch. This means they are real teachers in the BC public school system. Their teaching and communication skills are top notch because they have been trained to work with many children every day. In the case of at-home ESL tutoring, we provide a private learning experience free from any distractions. This could have your child learning English as a second language in no time!
From an ESL certified educator
These tutors have completed an internationally recognized TESL course on how to properly teach English as a second language. This course requires a minimum of 100 hours of theory and methodology PLUS an in-class practicum. Your tutor will be well-versed in many different teaching methods– this allows them to create the perfect learning plan for your child!
On top of the teaching course they complete, our ESL tutors have all completed a 4 year university degree. They are great at reading, writing, and speaking. They will always make sure your child is learning effectively and feeling supported throughout the process!
Watch your child learn English at their own pace, with reliable methods
Our ESL tutors on Vancouver Island provide effective, ‘tried and true’ TESL methods of learning English. Their goal is to introduce the language methodically, practically, and in a way that caters to each child’s starting abilities.
Many different resources will be used to get your child moving towards fluency in English. Here are just a couple of examples of ways your child can learn with our ESL tutors:
- The Direct Approach: Arguably the most drastic, but a very effective method. Instruction is entirely limited to speaking in English. Your child will see and hear English so much that they will eventually start to hear patterns and make sense of what is being said to them. Sometimes this method is used after your child has a basic understanding of the language, so they aren’t too overwhelmed. They will be totally immersed in English and will think and dream in English.
- The Lexical Approach: This method improves conversational skills that are helpful in everyday situations instead of just focusing on speaking English ‘perfectly’ your child will learn how to speak depending on what situation they are in. For example: casual colloquial conversations with friends which includes trendy phrases and idioms, formal and respectful conversations with parents or teachers or their boss at work.
Put your child on track to academic and personal success by learning English!
We’d recommend not waiting, and taking advantage of an ESL tutor when your child is young. The sooner your child begins planting the seeds of correct English terminology and speech, the better. This is so they will develop correct practices and avoid bad habits. This is invaluable to having a successful academic and personal journey.
When your child can read and write properly in English, many life experiences become accessible, such as:
- Pursuing post-secondary studies at top-rated, globally recognized institutions.
- Qualifying for a broad range of careers, both domestic and international.
- Becoming active participants in democracy and political discourse.
- Engaging in popular culture through English films, music, TV, and social media.
- Exploring different social and personal relationships.
- Being able to share creative endeavours (music, writing, poetry, etc) with a broad audience.
Improving your child’s English is just a phone call away!
Call today or book a tutor online so your child can start feeling confident in the English language! Even though it may seem like an impossible task to learn another language, it IS possible! One of our qualified ESL tutors in the Victoria area will demonstrate that when the right strategies are used, learning English can be fun, rewarding, and ultimately invaluable for the rest of one’s life!